What you need
- Your bike!
- TraVelo bike bag
- Allen keys
- Pedal wrench
- Zip lock bag for keeping bits and pieces together (pedals, skewers, etc)
Prepare the bag
The bike travel bag comes with some stabilizers: four fiberglass rods and two plastic tubes. The fiberglass rods need to be inserted into the two channels at the front and back of the bag to help the bag stand upright. The plastic rods need to be inserted into the channels in the wheel pockets to give your wheels extra protection.
Prepare the bike
- Before you get started, we recommend giving your bike a good clean.
- Place the frame pad over your frame, using the labels ('top tube' and 'down tube') as a guide.
- Remove your bars from your stem and twist to secure them to the frame pad.
- Release the air from tyres, remove wheels and place them in the pockets on the either side of the bag. Store the skewers in the zip lock bag.
- Remove pedals.
- If you're travelling with a road or TT bike, insert the fork in the adaptor.
- Place the bike in the bag with the bottom bracket on the foam block. Secure using the velcro straps.
- You may need to lower your saddle to fit your bike in the bag. Don’t forget to mark your seat height on the seat post so you can easily return it to your preferred height.
- Whilst it’s not essential, we recommend you remove the rear derailleur, wrap it in bubble wrap and tape it to the inside of the